This is directed to the authors as well as our readers and reviewers.
Authors how do you feel about this new device (Amazon Kindle)? Are you for it or against its use?
I understand that the Kindle is growing in demand and that they are out of stock but are working on these devices as quickly as possible.
I have heard mixed reviews from many who have already bought these devices and other than a few glitches with holding the device in place in its softcover, I have heard no complaints. Actually it is all a buzz of how easy it is to take your device with you where you go and that the downloads are quick, wireless and automatic to the Kindle device.
I have placed an order for mine but I still have not heard when they project a shipment date as of yet. I have always turned down reading ebooks for the simple fact of sitting behind a computer all day, now they have developed this mobile device that is so simple to change the font size making it adaptable to the readers needs.
They have newspapers, magazines that can automatically be downloaded onto the Kindle for a fraction of the monthly cost. You can even subscribed to certain blogs which will automatically download onto the device – all of this is being done wirelessly.
I am actually in a hurry to get my new Kindle device in my hot little hands to see how much better it is that picking up books and carrying with me.
I would like to have others thoughts and feelings on the Amazon Kindle:
Just come on in and give us your thoughts and opinions (whether good or bad)
Authors are you requesting that your novels be available in the Kindle format?
- Revolutionary electronic-paper display provides a sharp, high-resolution screen that looks and reads like real paper.
- Simple to use: no computer, no cables, no syncing.
- Wireless connectivity enables you to shop the Kindle Store directly from your Kindle—whether you’re in the back of a taxi, at the airport, or in bed.
- Buy a book and it is auto-delivered wirelessly in less than one minute.
- More than 100,000 books available, including more than 90 of 112 current New York Times® Best Sellers.
- New York Times® Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise.
- Free book samples. Download and read first chapters for free before you decide to buy.
- Top U.S. newspapers including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post; top magazines including TIME, Atlantic Monthly, and Forbes—all auto-delivered wirelessly.
- Top international newspapers from France, Germany, and Ireland; Le Monde, Frankfurter Allgemeine, and The Irish Times—all auto-delivered wirelessly.
- More than 250 top blogs from the worlds of business, technology, sports, entertainment, and politics, including BoingBoing, Slashdot, TechCrunch, ESPN’s Bill Simmons, The Onion, Michelle Malkin, and The Huffington Post—all updated wirelessly throughout the day.
- Lighter and thinner than a typical paperback; weighs only 10.3 ounces.
- Holds over 200 titles.
- Long battery life. Leave wireless on and recharge approximately every other day. Turn wireless off and read for a week or more before recharging. Fully recharges in 2 hours.
- Unlike WiFi, Kindle utilizes the same high-speed data network (EVDO) as advanced cell phones—so you never have to locate a hotspot.
- No monthly wireless bills, service plans, or commitments—we take care of the wireless delivery so you can simply click, buy, and read.
- Includes free wireless access to the planet’s most exhaustive and up-to-date encyclopedia—Wikipedia.org.
- Email your Word documents and pictures (.JPG, .GIF, .BMP, .PNG) to Kindle for easy on-the-go viewing.
- Included in the box: Kindle wireless reader, Book cover, Power adapter, USB 2.0 cable
Quality Book Reviews